READY, SET, GROW
Five of our tried and true tips to creating a stylish spring garden:
- Absolutely number one, first thing, must do now is… cleanup. Rake to rid your garden of stray leaves, winter mulch and dead growth. Then, let the soil get air and sunlight before you begin gardening. It’s a good idea, however, to keep mulch nearby in case there’s an unseasonably cool temperature. It’s not unheard-of in early spring.
- Prune roses, fruit trees and hydrangeas to name a few before new growth occurs. This keeps them strong so they can resist diseases. The Fiskars Bypass Pruners are the perfect tool for completing your pruning duties!
- Plant cool-season annuals from The Home Depot in odd-numbered groupings. This will create a balanced garden bed, and your annuals will look larger, livelier and healthier too.
- In moist conditions, there’s no better time to plant trees and shrubs. So go big. Make sure the area where the root meets the tree trunk is just above the soil to avoid planting the roots too deeply.
- Water your plants with chamomile tea every once in a while (but make sure it’s not piping hot!). Odd but true, it’s great for keeping your plants healthy.
1. POTTING BENCH || 2. ELLA TALL PLANTER || 3. URN PLANTER || 4. WHEELBARROW || 5. GARDEN EDGING || 6. BYPASS PRUNER || 7. DAHLIAS
When it comes to fashion, creativity is key. We’ve repurposed chain link and a snap to make a stylish belt (who knew tools could be so fashionable?). It takes only minutes to create and is customizable too. So spruce up your outfit with a little shine from this DIY belt.
To make this belt, you’ll need just a few supplies available at The Home Depot:
1. DECOR CHAIN
2. DOUBLE-END MARINE BOLT SNAP HOOK
Simply choose the length of chain you want (keep it short if you want a simpler look), wrap it around your waist then clasp each end of the chain together with the snap and you’re done! We came up with two different ways to clasp the chain together with the snap, but the possibilities are many.
To see our DIY Bracelet post, click here.
WHITE OFF THE RUNWAY
Fashion and interior design go hand in hand. If you can’t decide on your decorating scheme, just check out the looks in your closet or a fashion mag for some help. With that said, we’re taking inspiration from a white hot, super chic look we’ve seen on the runway to pull together a fresh room ready for spring. By infusing crisp white pieces into your décor, you’ll enliven your space in an instant.
Whether it’s with seating or decorative accents, the addition of this pure hue becomes very welcoming and will last all season long… even after Labor Day (hey, rules were meant to be broken). Plus, what makes this great white so versatile is that it works in any room with any style… trust us, we wouldn’t tell you a little white lie.
1. TUFTED ROLL ARM CHAISE || 2. SOUTHPORT SEMI-FLUSH MOUNT || 3. FAUX SHEEPSKIN AREA RUG || 4. PARSONS DISPLAY SHELF || 5. YIELD CHAIR || 6. MIMIC TABLE LAMP || 7. BRENNA CERAMIC JAR
“WHAT’S YOUR OUTDOOR STYLE?” PINTEREST CONTEST
Pin It, Share It, Win IT!
Introducing the Home Decorators Collection “What’s Your Outdoor Style?” Pinterest Contest! The grand-prize winner will receive a $1000 HDC Gift Card (can you say shopping trip?).
Visit our Pinterest page to create an outdoor look with one of our three outdoor styles and your favorite outdoor accessories (1 outdoor rug, 1 outdoor pillow and 1 outdoor accessory).
See the contest rules and enter here: http://bit.ly/11VxzH4