FRESH PICK OF THE MONTH - BLACK EYED SUSAN: Our friends at Bell Nursery, an exclusive provider for The Home Depot®, have plenty of gardening insight to share with us about these large daisy-like flowers…
Because they are low maintenance and drought tolerant, they’re perfect for landscapes and containers. Simply water as needed. These perennials grow, spread and bloom throughout the season so you can enjoy them all summer. And they also thrive in full sunlight (butterflies love them!).
FRESH PICK OF THE MONTH: GERANIUMS
May means geraniums. Our friends at Bell Nursery, an exclusive provider for The Home Depot®, gave us a few helpful facts for planting these beautiful blooms.
This traditional garden favorite available at The Home Depot® has bright, cheerful blooms all season long. Because it loves the sun, it’s relatively drought tolerant. Water once or twice a week depending on conditions. And a little tip from Bell Nursery: removing spent blooms at the base of the stem (also called deadheading) will keep geraniums looking fresh.
There’s really no better reason than Cinco de Mayo to throw an outdoor party. Here are a few of our tips for getting your fiesta on this Cinco de Mayo:
1. Keep the party casual and relaxed by hosting it in the afternoon.
2. Add natural décor like cacti from The Home Depot®.
3. Create a colorful table setting by using barware, plates and napkins.
4. Ensure that drinks are kept cool in a beverage tub (hot drinks are for winter!).
5. Bring out the lanterns in case the party goes into the night.
6. Serve up easy appetizers, and don’t forget the chips and salsa!
7. Set up a bar table for your guests complete with delicious margaritas, of course.
1. Martha Stewart Living™ Lake Adela Six-Piece Seating Set / 2. Torre Beverage Tub / 3. Monogram Trifle Bowl / 4. Geo Trivet / 5. Patna Pitcher / 6. Provence Dinner Plate