When it comes to fashion, creativity is key. We’ve repurposed chain link and a snap to make a stylish belt (who knew tools could be so fashionable?). It takes only minutes to create and is customizable too. So spruce up your outfit with a little shine from this DIY belt.
To make this belt, you’ll need just a few supplies available at The Home Depot:
1. DECOR CHAIN
2. DOUBLE-END MARINE BOLT SNAP HOOK
Simply choose the length of chain you want (keep it short if you want a simpler look), wrap it around your waist then clasp each end of the chain together with the snap and you’re done! We came up with two different ways to clasp the chain together with the snap, but the possibilities are many.
To see our DIY Bracelet post, click here.
"WHAT’S YOUR OUTDOOR STYLE?" PINTEREST CONTEST
Pin It, Share It, Win IT!
Introducing the Home Decorators Collection “What’s Your Outdoor Style?” Pinterest Contest! The grand-prize winner will receive a $1000 HDC Gift Card (can you say shopping trip?).
Visit our Pinterest page to create an outdoor look with one of our three outdoor styles and your favorite outdoor accessories (1 outdoor rug, 1 outdoor pillow and 1 outdoor accessory).
See the contest rules and enter here: http://bit.ly/11VxzH4
INSPIRED BY… ART
Our stylist Christan is dropping by to tell us what… and who… is inspiring her right now.
Did I mention that this is a drawing?!
I’ve been surviving the winter blues by dreaming of the blue ocean in summer. I have a good friend who is, besides being a lovely person, extremely multi talented. She likes to do drawings of the ocean, sounds quaint right? But, Liana Repass’ drawings aren’t cute… they are the ocean, and like the ocean they are powerful, tumultuous, daunting, and stunning, but at the same time they are also majestic, fascinating, alluring, and calming.
The ocean is my refuge, my recharge, my sanctuary, so I’ve put together a room that feels like you are engulfed in the sea, the same way looking at one of Liana’s paintings makes you feel. Enjoy!
1. GRIFFIN MIRROR || 2. LUSTER AREA RUG || 3. RECYCLED GLASS BOTTLE || 4. PARSONS BOOKCASE || 5. DRUM STOOL || 6. HAMMOND BENCH
Spring is all about renewal. And nothing says renewal more than flowers—they are a great way to bring vibrant color and life to any space. And learning how to arrange flowers beautifully is a craft that comes in handy when celebrating any occasion, from brunch to birthdays.
Arranging a bouquet is like putting together an impressively designed room: start with the basics, and then add texture and layers to create a look that’s all you. Inspired by beautiful vases and containers, we’ve put together some of our no-fail, go-to tips and tricks for arranging a beautiful bouquet.
- AMADOUR BUBBLE GLASS BOTTLE: A bouquet doesn’t have to be huge. Sometimes the simplest flowers make the biggest impact so use a large, bulbous vase with a small opening to achieve effective minimalism.
- GLASS JAR VASE: For a rustic look, use a vase that resembles a jar. Stick with simple flowers that are all the same color so the vase and flowers have the maximum impact.
- CALLISTA PITCHER WITH METAL HANDLE: Think outside the vase. Pitchers and antique teacups are multi-dimensional vessels made for displaying beautiful blooms.
- ADAR VASE: In the spring or summer, line your vase with fruit. We suggest using oranges, lemons and/or limes with enough slices to fill the vase. Use a long spoon to push the fruit against the edge of the vase.
- OLIVIA CERAMIC POTTERY: If the vase has a pattern, stick with a monotone palette of white or light pink. Use different types of flowers to add texture and variety—dense flowers and airy smaller blooms are a great way to achieve tonality.