READY, SET, GROW
Five of our tried and true tips to creating a stylish spring garden:
- Absolutely number one, first thing, must do now is… cleanup. Rake to rid your garden of stray leaves, winter mulch and dead growth. Then, let the soil get air and sunlight before you begin gardening. It’s a good idea, however, to keep mulch nearby in case there’s an unseasonably cool temperature. It’s not unheard-of in early spring.
- Prune roses, fruit trees and hydrangeas to name a few before new growth occurs. This keeps them strong so they can resist diseases. The Fiskars Bypass Pruners are the perfect tool for completing your pruning duties!
- Plant cool-season annuals from The Home Depot in odd-numbered groupings. This will create a balanced garden bed, and your annuals will look larger, livelier and healthier too.
- In moist conditions, there’s no better time to plant trees and shrubs. So go big. Make sure the area where the root meets the tree trunk is just above the soil to avoid planting the roots too deeply.
- Water your plants with chamomile tea every once in a while (but make sure it’s not piping hot!). Odd but true, it’s great for keeping your plants healthy.
1. POTTING BENCH || 2. ELLA TALL PLANTER || 3. URN PLANTER || 4. WHEELBARROW || 5. GARDEN EDGING || 6. BYPASS PRUNER || 7. DAHLIAS
WHITE OFF THE RUNWAY
Fashion and interior design go hand in hand. If you can’t decide on your decorating scheme, just check out the looks in your closet or a fashion mag for some help. With that said, we’re taking inspiration from a white hot, super chic look we’ve seen on the runway to pull together a fresh room ready for spring. By infusing crisp white pieces into your décor, you’ll enliven your space in an instant.
Whether it’s with seating or decorative accents, the addition of this pure hue becomes very welcoming and will last all season long… even after Labor Day (hey, rules were meant to be broken). Plus, what makes this great white so versatile is that it works in any room with any style… trust us, we wouldn’t tell you a little white lie.
1. TUFTED ROLL ARM CHAISE || 2. SOUTHPORT SEMI-FLUSH MOUNT || 3. FAUX SHEEPSKIN AREA RUG || 4. PARSONS DISPLAY SHELF || 5. YIELD CHAIR || 6. MIMIC TABLE LAMP || 7. BRENNA CERAMIC JAR
MAKE IT A WINE AND CHEESE PARTY
There’s nothing better than a good pairing. Wine and cheese is a pair that just goes together… like Lucy and Ricky, steak and potatoes or a chair and an ottoman. We’ve made it easy for you to pair the best wine with the best cheese for your next party (because we know how daunting that can be). So grab the plate, serving tray and wine – don’t forget the cheese – for a simple yet delicious appetizer at your fabulous outdoor soiree (okay, or while watching a guilty pleasure reality show with friends). No matter the occasion, these pairings won’t disappoint.
1. REGALIO SERVING TRAY SET || 2. WINE ACCESSORY SET || 3. CONCAVO CHEESE TRAY SET || 4. WINE AND CHEESE PLATE || 5. DELIO CHEESE TRAY WITH INDICATORS
FIVE WAYS TO BEAT THE WINTER BLUES
Now that daylight saving time has come and gone, we’re itching for long meals on the patio, DIY summer projects and less grey skies. We’re ready to put away the jackets and pull out the sandals!
To get our springtime on, we’re turning to our tried and true ways to hurry up the warmer days and add a little fun to our homes: 1. Paint a room a fun new color. We’re loving Blooming Lilac and Tropical Sea. 2. Add new lighting like with this lamp - table lamps & ceiling pendants are easy changes! 3. Add a chair in a fun print. This chair’s print is our go to. 4. Change your rugs. A fun pop of color on the floor instantly updates the look of any room. 5. Get organized!