DIY FOR MOM
We all know shopping for the right Mother’s Day gift can be challenging. Deciding what she wants, what she would like or what she needs is tricky sometimes. So why not get creative instead? If you want to be mom’s favorite (and for those who already are), take time to make a gift she’ll really appreciate. We’re crafting a gift with just a few supplies that will bring a smile to mom’s face:
1. Gather your paper. For this DIY, we used some of our favorite pink paint swatches from the Home Decorators Collection by BEHR® line available at The Home Depot.
2. Cut out a heart. We used a template from the Internet as our guide.
3. Trace the shape on the back of the paint swatches.
4. Once you have all of the hearts cut and ready to go, find the perfect background.
5. We used one of our favorite rugs as the background and then carefully decided where we wanted to place everything before gluing it all down and placing the finished product in our Distressed Wood Frame. Your masterpiece is now ready for mom!
GET A MISSION-STYLE LOOK
It’s amazing that a furniture style of the 1800s could be so relevant to today… what goes around comes around is true in all instances. Arts and Crafts style is all about tradition and celebrating the work of handcrafted pieces. Shades of wood, straight lines and art glass characterize the look and feel of this ever-popular decorating style. And let’s not forget a lack of excessive decoration. Simplicity is this look’s main mission in life which is great for such a fast-paced world. Designing an Arts and Crafts-style space is easier than you may think. Just keep “simple yet elegant” in mind and it’s mission accomplished.
1. ARTISAN SIDE CHAIR || 2. SARATOGA PILLOW || 3. AMARYLLIS METAL WALL DECOR || 4. ARTISAN BATH VANITY || 5. FALLHOUSE TABLE LAMP || 6. ANAMUR AREA RUG || 7. ARTISAN SOFA
Check out our flash style where you can save 30% on more than 100 Arts and Crafts items through April 18.